Saturday 14 February 2009

Mr Thomas Gram


Why did this email raise my scan antennae?

I am Thomas Gram, I came across the posted advert of the property in
which am indeed interested in renting,here is my date below.
Checking in date will be September 01 09.
Checking out date will be September 2011.
Or alternatively if its will not be possible for the
12 months rentals we can as well start the rentals right from
Checking in date will be November 01 09.
Checking Out will be December 31 2010,
we are 2 people, My Wife is my second person Sonia Gram, Pls email me with the below details The full conditions and description of the place for rent? The address of the place?The Total amount needed? Will you take a Wire Transfer for payment pls? The pictures of the place?we required for discount for the cost of the rentals. So kindly get back to me asap.


THe unusual grammar but mostly because it makes no reference to where the property is. I googled one of the sentences and found another reference in a completely different country. Scam.

4 comments:

Peter Goulding said...

Hi Kate,
Just found your site. I actually wrote about spam emails in one of my Musings - http://communityvoicemusings.blogspot.com/search?q=%22in+the+money%22

I keep getting one from a James Barry who claims he's found a load of money and drugs belonging to Saddam Hussein. Do you think this is genuine?

Emerging Writer said...

erm. No. Not real

Anonymous said...

We received this email that seem look like a scam.
Email address : philipmaxwell3@yahoo.com

I wish to book in your facility for 11 days for my family vacation
holiday, my family are coming to your
country for vacation holiday.

Details of the booking are stated bellow:
Number of Guests : 4 Guests .
Names of Guests; Dr.Phillip Maxwell,
Mrs.Tracy Maxwell (wife),
Lilly Maxwell(Daughter 17yrs),
Kenny Maxwell (son;19yrs).

Start On : 6th May,2013 .
End On : 16th May,2013 .

kindly advise availability and Total Cost for the 10 nights booking. hope
you accept Credit Card payments? if so, let me know the types of Credit
Cards you accept,so we can make a deposit payment to secure the booking
asap. I will await your prompt response.

Regards,
Dr.Phillip Maxwell .


~~~ We do reply the email and the person did reply to us again as below...


I appreciate your acceptance in assisting my family and your rates are well accepted
and as such, I want to make a deposit payment of RM2,000.00 to you with my credit
card to enable you make availability for my family.
I will send you credit card details that will cover the cost of our booking and
other necessary arrangements for us.
However, I made an arrangement with a prepaid Transport Consultant who will take
care of our flight arrangements to other destinations and transportation
requirements during our entire stay, I have decided that only you will handle my
credit card details, because the Transport Consultant runs a private rentals firm
and its not ideal to let both parties have the same credit card account ,also the
Transport firm do not have the credit card facility .
So once you receive my credit card details you are required to charge the total sum
of RM28,400.00 including bank charges .Then you deduct RM2,000.00 deposit to secure
our booking and send the balance of RM26,400.00 to the Transport Consultant for
them to arrange our flight ticket to your property and other logistics arrangement.
I will send you the agent details and exact arrival time once everything is
concluded.
Kindly confirm this and provide me with your:

(1) YOUR FULL NAME
(2) ADDRESS
(3) PHONE NUMBERS for office records

Looking forward to a warm Hospitality!

Kind Regards,
Dr.Phillip Maxwell .

Emerging Writer said...

yes, he's been around Phillip Maxwell http://blog.rentalseal.com/rental-scam-inquries/2012/04/maxwell-strikes-again-phillipmaxwell7ymail-com/