Wednesday 5 September 2007

Accommodation overpayment scam

This one had me taken in for a while. This nasty scammer used the name of a real soldier in Iraq. He then held off for days before he answered so the date was getting closer. Then he talked about a bank draft as banking facilities are hard to come by in Iraq. If I;m not sure if an enquiry is genuine or not, I mention that I have to protect myself from internet fraud and I never hear from them again. (Except once when it was a genuine guy!)

Aloha,
My Name is Sgt. Frank Alensonorin of United States marine, 227th Engineer
Company currently in Iraq. It`s in respect of your vacation listing,I am
planning a surprise vacation gift package for my Godson and his newly wedded
wife alone with treat while currently on an active duty,please check
availability and get back to me immediately,the scheduled date will be 1st
thru 22nd Sept. 2007,(22 Days)if this has already been booked please advice
on the nearest date you have available,include cost for the period, Security
Deposit, Cleaning fees, Tax and any order major services to be rendered,for
the couple alone,no pets,they don't smoke either.l will need to conclude
this booking early enough for them to avoid any inconvenience during there
stay.
Mahola

No comments: